By the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- Use maps and plans to determine the appropriate actions necessary to clear blockages
- Use Closed Circuit Television to (CCTV) aid location of blockages within sewers
- Determine ownership of sewers and who has responsibility for maintenance
- Clear blockages in sewers using rods
- Clear blockages using high pressure water jetting equipment
- Work safely and in compliance with all health and safety legislation and codes of practice in and around sewers
A mixture of practical activities supported with trainer led presentation and classroom based exercises
Pre Course Requirements
Learners should attend with their own personal protective equipment which must include head, eye, ear, hand and foot protection along with overalls and foul weather clothing.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone needing the skills and knowledge relating to clearance of blockages in sewers