By the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- Explain how water catchments and water sources are managed
- Describe how water quality is monitored in water catchments and water sources
- Explain how flow is managed in accordance with regulatory requirements
- Describe how the risk of cryptosporidium is controlled in catchment areas
- Explain how pollution is monitored and incidents responded to
- Describe how the growth of algae is controlled in stored water
- Explain what is meant by thermal stratification
- Explain what is meant by compensation flow
A classroom based training course using a mixture of trainer presentation and desk top exercises.
Pre Course Requirements
Who Should Attend?
Operational staff needing to update and/or increase their technical knowledge of the management of catchments areas and raw water storage. Others requiring an operational technical understanding of the topic.