By the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- Understand the properties of the substances involved
- Recognise the different parts of a toxic gas storage area in the water industry
- Apply the correct container changing procedures
- Demonstrate a method of leak detection
- Select the correct PPE required for a container change
- Perform the correct entry procedure into toxic gas storage areas
The course will consist of classroom learning with exercises and detailed instruction on drum and cylinder changing. Each candidate will then demonstrate the changing of drums and cylinders.
Pre Course Requirements
All learners must have witnessed at least three container changes before attending the course. Each learners must be a competent working breathing apparatus wearer
Who Should Attend?
Those that carry out drum and cylinder changes as part of their job role.