By the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- Describe the importance of disinfecting water
- Explain the principles of disinfection
- Describe the regulatory requirements in relation to disinfection
- Describe the disinfection processes and mechanisms used in water treatment
- Explain the chemistry and microbiology of disinfection
- Describe the operation of plant and equipment used for disinfection
- Explain and calculate Ct values
- Explain importance of maintaining a residual in distribution
- Explain the importance of crits" in controlling the process
- Describe how measuring equipment is checked and calibrated
A classroom based training course using a mixture of trainer presentation and desk top exercises.
Pre Course Requirements
Who Should Attend?
Operational staff needing to update and/or increase their technical knowledge of disinfection processes used in water treatment. Others requiring an operational technical understanding of the topic.