By the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- Understand the standards for potable water quality
- Describe the chemistry of coagulation and flocculation
- Understand the principles of pH, colour and residual
- Describe jar test procedures
- Estimate optimum dose rates for known and unknown water
- Describe the influence of polyelectrolytes on the flocculation process
- Describe how separation processes are influenced by chemical dose
- Calculate chemical dose rates and usage
- Understand the principles of disinfection
Classroom and practical based activities, with site visits where possible.
Pre Course Requirements
Who Should Attend?
Operators and supervisors who have direct control of water treatment plants