By the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- Identify chemicals used in water treatment and their uses
- Understand the coding and labelling of chemicals
- Explain how COSHH relates to chemical handling
- Apply the principals of risk assessment in relation to chemical handling
- Recognise the correct handling, storage and safe use of chemicals
- Describe how to deal with spillages
- Understand QA procedures relating to chemical handling
This training should be carried out on an operational water treatment works with a suitable training room where some of these chemicals are used, and will consist of classroom based tuition combined with workplace discussions and exercises focusing on 3 different chemicals.
Who Should Attend?
Those required to work with chemicals.