By the end of this course you will be able to:
- State the main regulations that apply to the construction sector.
- Outline the main provisions of the current regulations relating to construction design and management, including roles and responsibilities.
- Outline the responsibilities and inter relationships of personnel involved in construction projects.
- Explain the importance of effective project management.
- Describe documentation used during construction projects.
- Explain how the water and wastewater networks integrate with construction projects.
- Outline the main provisions of pollution prevention legislation
- Outline the main provisions of the Waste Management Regulations.
- Explain the consequences of non compliance with pollution prevention legislation
- Explain the consequences of non compliance with the Waste Management Regulations
- Describe the impact of water and wastewater processes on the natural environment.
- Explain the impact construction materials can have on the environment and regulatory compliance.
Classroom based activity using PowerPoint, group activities and discussion. End of unit assessment in the form of an exam and written assignment
Pre Course Requirements
Who Should Attend?