By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Discuss the planning phase of construction projects.
- Discuss the design phase of construction projects.
- Evaluate how the planning and design phases are co-ordinated and managed.
- Examine the factors that affect the specification of building services.
- Discuss the environmental factors that affect construction projects.
- Evaluate environmentally responsible methods for promoting environmental efficiency.
- Explain the roles and responsibilities of all parties involved in the planning and design phases.
- Evaluate the corporate and personal responsibilities of all parties involved in construction projects.
- Discuss the modern technology available to designers, planners and builders.
- Evaluate the effect of technological advances on the various phases of construction projects.
Classroom based activity using PowerPoint, group activities and discussion. End of unit assessment in the form of an exam and written assignment
Pre Course Requirements
Who Should Attend?