By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Describe project management practices in the water industry.
- Evaluate the role of project managers in the water industry.
- Evaluate the key characteristics of effective project managers.
- Explain the type of education, training and occupational standards required of project managers.
- Explain the duties and responsibilities of project managers.
- Compare the contractual implications and the differences in relationships, roles and responsibilities when using external consultants or internal teams for project management.
- Discuss the relationship of project managers with the design and production teams.
- Explain the role and objectives of the client in the construction process.
- Explain how the use of project management can improve quality and standards in the water industry by using project management.
- Evaluate how project management can help with changes to priorities of the water industry.
- Evaluate how project managers can add value to water industry processes.
Classroom based activity using PowerPoint, group activities and discussion. End of unit assessment in the form of an exam and written assignment
Pre Course Requirements