By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Analyse the factors influencing the choice of different procurement arrangements.
- Compare different contractual arrangements and procurement methods used in the water industry.
- Outline the current issues associated with procurement and contractual procedures.
- Evaluate best practice associated with water industry procurement, including the advantages and disadvantages of international methods of procurement.
- Describe the roles, activities and principal contractual responsibilities of the parties involved in the procurement phase of a typical contract.
- Outline the purpose and activities of the organisations involved in procurement for the construction and built environment sector.
- Explain the implications of not keeping to the planned time schedule.
- Compare project costs regarding pre-contract, tender and final account stages.
- Evaluate contractual measures to ensure compliance with quality requirements.
- Analyse contractual arrangements used with nominated, named and other types of sub-contractor.
- Evaluate the types of contractual arrangements used with suppliers.
Classroom based activity using PowerPoint, group activities and discussion. End of unit assessment in the form of an exam and written assignment
Pre Course Requirements