By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Explain how the principles of site management are applied.
- Justify the application of the principles of site management in terms of good site practice.
- Compare communication techniques used on-site and off-site.
- Evaluate the barriers to communication for typical construction projects.
- Evaluate the planning techniques used in the construction and built environment sector.
- Write a report on cash flow, profit, return cost and value and purchasing, using site data and contractors annual reports.
- Produce cost and value reconciliation statements covering purchasing decisions for individual work sections.
- Explain how remedial action is implemented in the case of a delay in the programme.
- Explain how sub-contractors are incorporated into the overall programme.
- Explain, using case studies, how quality is assured on construction sites.
- Evaluate the use of environmental assessments for construction projects.
Classroom based activity using PowerPoint, group activities and discussion. End of unit assessment in the form of an exam and written assignment
Pre Course Requirements