By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Explain the use of earth moving equipment.
- Discuss appropriate techniques to ensure safe and productive activities in deep excavations.
- Illustrate temporary works required to deal with ground stability and groundwater.
- Describe and compare techniques to install piling systems and ground stabilisation activities.
- Describe methods of constructing substructure activities and the appropriate foundations.
- Illustrate construction methods used in drainage works, culverts, underpasses and the provision of utilities.
- Explain the construction methods used for falsework and formwork and structural steelwork in reinforced concrete structures.
- Explain the hazards and related safety arrangements associated with civil engineering activities.
- Evaluate the role of the planning supervisor in civil engineering activities.
- Design appropriate solutions to civil engineering problems.
- Produce safety plans for problems arising from civil engineering activities.
Classroom based activity using PowerPoint, group activities and discussion. End of unit assessment in the form of an exam and written assignment
Pre Course Requirements
Who Should Attend?