By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Explain the construction and application of pressure measuring devices.
- Carry out calculations to determine the magnitude and position of hydrostatic forces.
- Carry out calculations for pipeline flow problems
- Carry out calculations for open channel flow problems.
- Explain the significance of pressure, flow and head and their relationship to the water distribution system.
- Carry out calculations to match pumps to the requirements of a specific system.
- Carry out laboratory investigations into hydraulic behaviour.
- Produce reports on the findings of hydraulic laboratory investigations.
Classroom based activity using PowerPoint, group activities and discussion. End of unit assessment in the form of an exam and written assignment
Pre Course Requirements
Who Should Attend?