By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Describe major inflows and outflows of cash for a business.
- Explain how to produce a standard set of company financial statements that conforms to international standards.
- Interpret the information in a standard set of company financial statements.
- Describe key expenditure types and budget structures.
- Explain how companies account for expenditure.
- Identify key accounting ratios used to analyse a businesss financial performance.
- Calculate key accounting ratios
- Evaluate the financial performance of a business
- Identify sources of financial information for given stakeholders.
- Explain a business entitys requirement for additional sources of finance.
- Explain costs associated with different sources of finance.
- Explain the reasons for effective budget management at different levels in an organisation.
- Explain why budget planning is important.
- Explain how budget variances occur and how they are managed.
Classroom based activity using PowerPoint, group activities and discussion. End of unit assessment in the form of an exam and written assignment
Pre Course Requirements
Who Should Attend?