The course consists of seven core modules to all utility industries which cover health, safety and environmental law and practices specific to the water industry. A further three modules are required for operatives in either network construction or process operations.
- Module 1 You And The Law
- Module 2 You and Hazards to Your Health
- Module 3 Protecting You
- Module 4 The Working Environment
- Module 5 Our Environment
- Module 6 Incident Procedures
- Module 7 Equipment
- Module 8 Network Health Issues (Network)
- Module 9 Working In the Highway (Network)
- Module 10 Excavations (Network)
- Module 11 Process Operations Health Issues (Process)
- Module 12 The Process Working Environment (Process)
- Module 13 Process Machinery and Equipment (Process)
Classroom based training and assessment
Pre Course Requirements
Who Should Attend?
The water scheme is designed for all persons involved in the operational activities of the water industry who require access to sites, both permanent and temporary, including all levels of operatives, supervisors and management.
The Utility SHEA (Water) scheme is affiliated with the Construction Skills Certification (CSCS)scheme to allow water industry workers access to construction sites for purposes of utilities work without the need to complete a separate CSCS card.