By the end of this course learners will be able to:
- Explain the legal standing of the water regulations
- Describe the key objectives of the regulations
- Recognise typical plumbing installations and arrangements
- Identify contraventions of the regulations within plumbing systems
- Specify remedial actions to correct contraventions
- Explain fluid categories and the associated levels of risk
- Recognise situations where potential for backflow exists
- Specify backflow prevention arrangements for all categories of risk
A mixture of trainer led tutorial mixed with practical exercises and activities. An end of course assessment will be used to ensure that objectives have been met.
Pre Course Requirements
Learners will be expected to participate in some practical exercises and will need to bring PPE.
Who Should Attend?
Those whose role requires them to be able to inspect plumbing installations for compliance against the water regulations, and to be able to specify necessary remedial actions.