By the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- Select appropriate pipes from those specified and carry out pre-use checks
- Carry out pre-use checks on fittings in accordance with manufacturer's instructions
- Select suitable equipment to cut pipes in preparation for butt-fusion
- Carry out pre-use safety and operational checks on equipment
- Make joints on polyethylene mains in accordance with manufacturer's instructions
- Test joints for soundness in accordance with manufacturer's instructions
- Carry out all operations in accordance with good water supply hygiene practice
The course will consist of a mixture of classroom based tuition and workshop based practical exercises.
Pre Course Requirements
Learners should attend equipped with appropriate PPE including head, hoot, eye and ear protection plus gloves and overalls.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone needing the skills and understanding to make butt-fusion joints