By the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- Describe the factors that can lead to trench collapse
- Explain the effect ground movement can have on structures and underground services
- Inspect support systems for safe condition
- Describe methods of controlling ground water
- Design safe systems of work for those working in and around excavations
The course will consist of a mixture of classroom based tuition and practical exercises.
Pre Course Requirements
Who Should Attend?
Anyone with who has or is likely to have responsibility for the safety of excavations.