By the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- Describe the main components of urban waste water
- Outline the advantages of controlling trade effluent
- Describe the waste water collection network and its components
- Outline the different processes available to treat types of sewage
- Explain the regulatory standards that effluent from treatment works have to meet
- Describe by products of sewage treatment processes and their uses
- Outline the main pieces of legislation that apply to waste water treatment
- Describe the industry regulators and their areas of responsibility
Classroom based training consisting of trainer presentation, desk top exercises and where possible supported by site visits.
Pre Course Requirements
Who Should Attend?
Those whose work requires them to have a sound understanding of sewage treatment processes