By the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- Describe the principles of sludge treatment and disposal
- Explain how sludge loads are calculated
- Describe the sludge treatment and disposal process and how it is controlled and monitored
- Describe the settlement and thickening process
- Describe the dewatering process
- Describe typical operational problems and remedial actions associated with sludge treatment and disposal
- Explain the disposal process and the associated regulatory constraints
A classroom based training course using a mixture of trainer presentation and desk top exercises.
Pre Course Requirements
Who Should Attend?
Operational staff needing to update and/or increase their technical knowledge of sludge treatment and disposal following the water treatment process. Others requiring an operational technical understanding of the topic.