By the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- Describe how secondary treatment fits into the wider waste water treatment process
- Describe the biological processes involved in the removal of contaminants
- Explain the activated sludge process
- Describe biological filters and their method of operation
- Outline hybrid secondary treatment processes
Classroom based training with a mixture of trainer presentation and desk top exercises which can be supported with site visits where appropriate.
Pre Course Requirements
Learners should bring safety footwear for site visits
Who Should Attend?
Those involved in the operation of waste water treatment works