By the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- Identify chemicals used in waste water treatment and their uses
- Understand and recognise the coding and labelling of chemicals
- Explain how COSHH relates to chemical handling
- Apply the principals of risk assessment in relation to chemical handling
- Recognise the correct handling
- Recognise how to store and use chemicals safely
- Describe how to deal with spillages
- Understand the relevant quality assurance procedures
This training should be carried out on an operational site where Ferric or Ferrous is used, and will consist of classroom based tuition combined with workplace discussions and exercises focusing on the Ferric (Ferrous) installation.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who works within Waste Water and handles chemicals.