By the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- Recognise situations where the use of full breathing apparatus is necessary
- Describe typical atmospheric hazards found in the water industry
- Identify suitable breathing apparatus for the task in hand and carry out pre-use checks on it
- State the operating parameters relating the breathing apparatus
- Determine a safe system of work and specify supporting equipment and personnel requirements
- Undertake practical tasks whilst wearing breathing apparatus
- Describe the storage and maintenance requirements for breathing apparatus
Practical activities and exercises supported by classroom based trainer tutorials.
Pre Course Requirements
Candidates should be medically and physically fit to carry out practical work whilst carrying and using breathing apparatus.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone whose work will require them to enter hazardous atmospheres using full breathing apparatus.