By the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- State the key principles of maintaining safe and hygienic working practices
- Carryout a risk assessment of a typical working situation
- Use the outcomes of the risk assessment to design a safe system of work
- Describe the biological hazards that exist in most sewers and the working practices required to minimise the risks they pose
- Outline the potential hazards, risks and safety measures required relating to sewerage systems and confined spaces
- Describe the personal hygiene techniques required when working in and around sewers
A classroom based training course with a mixture of trainer presentation and exercises.
Pre Course Requirements
Who Should Attend?
Anyone required to understand the necessary health, safety and hygiene procedures and practices for working in and around sewers