By the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- Identify the point on the service pipe where ownership changes
- Recognise the pipes fittings and materials used in plumbing systems
- Describe how joints are made using differing pipes and fittings
- Recognise typical hot and cold water systems
- Describe the key components of plumbing systems
- Explain how water behaves within plumbing systems
- Recognise different control valves within systems and explain their function
- Explain common sources of problems within systems and suggest possible solutions
A classroom based course with a mixture of presentation, practical and paper based exercises.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone needing to improve their knowledge of plumbing systems to help formulate appropriate responses to customer requests or anyone requiring a foundation for further training in the Water Regulations enforcement field.