By the end of this course learners will be able to:
- Recognise the key components and functions of a plumbing system.
- Identify potential for contamination of the water supply to occur.
- Determine the category of risk posed by particular fluids within a plumbing system.
- Recognise situations where immediate action is required.
- Specify protective methods/devices to protect against contamination risk
- Relate typical situations to the appropriate sections of the Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations 1999.
A mixture of trainer led tutorial mixed with practical exercises and activities. An end of course assessment will be used to ensure that objectives have been met.
Pre Course Requirements
Learners will be expected to participate in some practical exercises and will need to bring PPE.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone whose role requires them to be able to recognise potential situations where the water undertakers water supply is at risk of contamination from plumbing systems. This course would also suit those wishing to progressively enhance their knowledge of the Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations 1999.