The objectives of this course stated by BPEC are that candidates will:
- Become familiar with the contents of the Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations 1999
- Generally understand what the Water Regulations mean and recognise the role of the Water Regulations in preventing waste, misuse, undue consumption, contamination and erroneous measurement of water
- Know how to practically comply with the Water Regulations
- Be aware of the primary legislation underpinning the Water Regulations
- Have an understanding of the documents used to enhance and explain the meaning of the Water Regulations and in particular:
- Water Regulator's Specification for the Prevention of Backflow
- The WRAS Water Regulations Guide
- Prepare individuals for Water Regulations training and assessment at a BPEC approved training and assessment centre
A home learning course followed by a supplementary training course and exam. Successful completion of the exam will result in a BPEC certificate being issued.
Pre Course Requirements
Candidates should ideally have some knowledge of plumbing systems and be prepared to use the home learning manual and DVD prior to their day in centre.
Who Should Attend?
This course is primarily aimed at practicing plumbing operatives who already have knowledge of hot and cold water systems, it will also be appropriate to water inspectors and anyone else who is involved with the installation, design and specification of water systems or working with buildings containing water. The manual will also be of benefit to individuals with limited previous knowledge of the Water Regulations.