By the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- State the legal requirements
- Describe types of works
- Plan a signing lighting and guarding project
- Demonstrate the basic principles of signing and guarding
- Implement methods of traffic control
- Test and operate portable traffic signals
- Describe procedures for works near tramways and railways
The course will consist of a mixture of classroom based tuition and practical exercises. This course covers Unit 10 of the Street Works Qualifications for Supervisors. Following successful completion of the assessment process, application to the appropriate awarding body for accreditation will be made.
Pre Course Requirements
Learners should come equipped with PPE including foot, head, eye protection plus gloves and overalls.
Who Should Attend?
Those who need to have an understanding of the current Street Works Code of Practice for Monitoring of Signing, Lighting and Guarding, under the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991