By the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- Legal requirements
- Types of Works
- Basic principles of signing and guarding
- On site risk assessment
- Single vehicle operating
- Works on footways
- Cycle lanes, cycle track and cycle routes
- Methods of traffic control
- Testing and operating portable traffic signals
- New signs
- Speed control
- Procedures for works near tramways and railways
- Planning a signing lighting and guarding project
The course will consist of a mixture of classroom based tuition and practical exercises.
Who Should Attend?
Staff who need to refresh their knowledge and understanding of the current Street Works Code of Practice for Signing, Lighting and Guarding, under the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991.