Many organisations have adopted JSP 375 Volume 3 Chapter 4 (or parts thereof) as the basis for a Safe System of Work as applied to mechanical systems. For practicable commonality this course is therefore based on the content of this document together with HSG 253 Safe Isolation of Equipment. However, practical documentation exercises within the course can be tailored to organisations specific requirements where delegate numbers support this.
What is covered?
- Fundamental principles of Applied Mechanics & Thermodynamics
- Mechanical systems and components
- Requirements of Pressure Systems Safety Regulations
- Requirements of HASAWA 1974 and Delegated Legislation
- Safe systems of work associated with mechanical systems
- Isolation and task risk assessments
- Monitoring and Audit requirements
- Practical exercises in completion of safety documentation including hands on implementation
A mixture of trainer presentation and practical exercises
Who Should Attend?
Experienced engineering staff with responsibility for the implementation of risk management systems and procedures as an inherent part of, and in accordance with, their Organisation's Safety Policy. Primarily, those with responsibility for the control, operation or maintenance of installed mechanical plant and who may be appointed as Authorised Person Mechanical or Pressure Systems. Additionally, those with overseeing and audit responsibilities within this area of specialisation should also attend.