By the end of this course learners will be able to:
- Describe the medical aspects of legionnaires disease, including how the bacteria proliferates and who are the susceptible people to the illness.
- State relevant statutory documents and highlight a number of high profile court cases and there outcome
- Understand the requirements of Approved Code of Practice L8 to ensure compliance.
- Describe hot and cold water system design and remedial actions to minimise the risk of the bacteria proliferating and ensuring compliance to Water Regulations
- Demonstrate an understanding of Wet Cooling Tower design, operation and maintenance requirements to minimise the risk of the bacteria proliferating
- State the requirements of cleaning and disinfection of water systems and cooling towers
- Describe the monitoring requirements including temperature checking, inspections water sampling and actions in the event of positive count.
- Understand the requirements of compiling and maintaining the water management log book.
This course contains both piratical and written assessments
Pre Course Requirements
Who Should Attend?
A city and guilds accredited course designed for managers, supervisors or engineers who need an understanding of how legionella bacteria may proliferate within their hot and cold water system and cooling towers.