By the end of the course, candidates will be able to:
- Identify the hazards and risks associated with excavation where underground services may be present
- Explain the steps that must be taken prior to any excavation work
- Describe the type of equipment that may be used to locate underground services
- Identify the correct PPE to be worn when carrying out excavation work
- Explain the correct use of utility records and marking methods when preparing to carry out excavation work
A mixture of classroom presentation and group activities.
Pre Course Requirements
Attendees should bring with them passport photograph.
Who Should Attend?
Ideally those who are employed to carry out excavations on sites and need the ability to recognise the difference between safe and unsafe situations and to act accordingly.