By the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- Describe the key requirements of the Control of substances hazardous to health regulations
- List the diseases that can be contracted by coming into contact with hazardous substances
- Describe the difference between inhalable and irrespirable dusts
- Describe the symbols used to identify hazardous substances
- Describe how hazardous substances can enter the human body
- State the information required on a product data sheet
- Carry out risk assessments in relation to the use of hazardous substance
- Create safe systems of work we ensure risks from hazardous substances are controlled
The course will consist of a mixture of classroom based tuition.
Pre Course Requirements
Who Should Attend?
Anyone needing to increase their knowledge regarding working safely around hazardous substances.