By the end of this course the candidate will be able to:
- Understand the role of the first-aider, including reference to:
- The importance of preventing cross infection;
- The need for recording incidents and actions;
- Use of available equipment;
- Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency;
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure);
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation;
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is choking;
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding;
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock;
- Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters)
A mixture of trainer led theoretical and practical exercises and assessments.
Pre Course Requirements
Learners should be prepared to undertake practical activities, many of which involve laying or kneeling on the floor
Who Should Attend?
Anyone wishing to carry out the role of nominated emergency first aider.