By the end of this course confined space training the participants will be able to:
- Prepare to work safely in medium risk confined spaces
- Enter and exit confined spaces safely
- Prepare and use escape breathing apparatus
- Use equipment and tools safely
- Follow procedures and work safely
- Deal with emergencies
- Use appropriate behaviour for working in medium risk confined spaces
- Use appropriate water industry knowledge for medium risk confined spaces
- Apply relevant water industry standards for working in medium risk confined spaces
A mixture of theory training supported by practical exercises in a realistic confined space environment. On the second day written and practical tests are undertaken to gain the City and Guilds qualification.
Pre Course Requirements
Learners attending this confined space training course should bring with them their personal protective equipment such as hard hat, safety footwear, waterproof and Hi Vis clothing, eye protection and gloves.
This course is physically demanding and involves practical exercises and assessment; all learner should be deemed medically fit to undertake such tasks.
Who Should Attend?
Those that have been nominated to work in or at confined spaces where work has been assessed and classified as NC2 or NC3 (Medium Risk) under the Water UK scheme and who require pre-assessment training to prepare them for assessment in City and Guilds 6150-02.