By the end of this confined space training course the participants will be able to:
- Confirm a Confined Space as low risk category
- Validate the necessary permissions and controls for work at NC1 category of confined space
- Use and interpret gas monitors and recognise hazardous atmospheres
- Use and work to safe working procedures for given tasks at NC1 low risk confined spaces
- Positively react to emergency situations
This confined space training course is a mixture of theory and practical, with both classroom and practical exercises.
Pre Course Requirements
Learners should bring with them their personal protective equipment such as hard hat, safety footwear, waterproof and Hi Vis clothing, eye protection and gloves.
This course is physically demanding and involves practical exercises and assessment; all learners should be deemed medically fit to undertake such tasks.
Who Should Attend?
Those that have been nominated to work in or at confined spaces where work has been assessed and classified as NC1 (Low Risk) under the Water UK scheme and who require pre-assessment training to prepare them for assessment in City and Guilds 6150-01.