By the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- Outline the legal requirements regarding fire safety in the workplace
- Explain the chemistry of fire and how fire behaves within buildings
- List the actions and priorities should fire occur
- Recognise and describe the types of fire extinguishers available and explain their capabilities and limitations
- Recognise and report fire hazards in the workplace
- Explain the different fire classifications
- List the types of information required by emergency services in the event of a fire
- Carry out evacuation procedures in the workplace
Class room based presentations and activities.
Pre Course Requirements
Who Should Attend?
Anyone involved in fire prevention and evacuation in the workplace.