On completion of the course participants should be able to:
- State the roles and responsibilities outlined in the procedure
- State when the various permitry types are used
- State the requirements for maintaining records
- Describe the process for transferring individuals between companies
- Describe the deviation and communication process
- State the inspection, monitoring and audit requirements
- Demonstrate application of Permits to Work and Forms of Authority
Classroom based training and assessment
Pre Course Requirements
To be technically competent persons and nominated by their Reviewing Manager. For Authorising Engineers to be a person, having the ability, appropriate training, knowledge and experience to authorise works to be undertaken in a safe and proper manner. For Competent Person having the ability, appropriate training, knowledge and experience to supervise and/or carry out work in a safe and proper manner. All candidates must possess the appropriate skills to perform their role: this includes suitable reading and writing abilities.
Who Should Attend?
All Gas industry personnel involved in operational and/or minor works on the Gas networks and certain types of Meter installations including but not strictly limited to those who are, or will become: Named Authorising Engineers, or: Named Competent Persons for Non Routine Operations, normally those in a Supervisory capacity