By the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- Outline the obligations placed on both employers and employees by the manual handling regulations
- Explain the common causes of back injuries
- Apply the principles of good movement when handling common objects
- Carry out on the spot risk assessments of handling tasks
- Recognise their own limitations and situations where assistance is required
- Describe simple handling aids available to avoid risk of injury
A classroom based training course with a mixture of trainer lead presentation and practical activities and exercises.
Pre Course Requirements
Learners should be physically fit to undertake manual handling activities.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone required to handle or move objects in their work.